What makes our place happy and beautiful?
Our place (home or office) tells how we live and see ourselves. And these spaces evolve when we focus on what makes us happy. It requires reflection and thoughtful choices. When we create a place that meets our needs and expresses our character, we enrich our lives making our place feel welcoming, authentic, a genuine reflection of the person or family who lives or stay there.
And when considers how we engage a space, we have to consider what that place mean to us, How do we want to feel in it? What do we value? What make it authentic and comfortable.These homes also shine a light on what happens when we focus on what we value – we can create our best spaces.
One of the most useful way is to spice up your style with Antique and vintage pieces to your decoration that defined the feature of your place, tells a story that mean something to you and bring antique moments in your home/office. It stamps your own personality and passion in the area that will be the spotlight for your decor.
So what is Antique?
A true antique can be defined as an item that is collected or desirable because of its age, beauty, rarity, condition, utility, personal emotional connection, and/or other unique features. It is an object that represents a previous era or time period in human history. Vintage and collectible are also used to describe items that are old, but do not meet the 100-year test.
Why Buy Antiques?
1. Antiques tell a story. Antiques are reflection of the past: they carry the weight of conversations, memories, emotions and etiquette. And antiques that are inherited from your ancestors provide a link to your own heritage.
2. Antiques are Earth friendly: Antiques are inherently recycled and reused. And by buying an old piece, you are extending an already impressive life cycle! They are preventing old furniture from going to the landfill. And furnishing with vintage pieces is healthier for your home because the furniture has already finished off-gassing whatever formaldehyde or other toxic substances present in the finishes and glues.
3. Contrast is good. Antiques can add texture, energy and personality to even the most modern or contemporary decor. The old pieces cast a new light on the newer pieces and vice versa. Adding a piece of antique vase to your modern accessories is truly original and fun. In addition, antique furniture are very well-made and made by hand. You can carefully curate a collection of vintage pieces from different eras in a combination that makes a harmonious and cohesive look. If you combine pieces from several eras, make sure to tie the room together with color and a level of formality, so that even if the pieces are from different times, they all share certain visual elements.
4. Antiques retain or increase in value. Well-cared for antiques go up in value over time. While prices rise and fall (many experts say that now is the best time to invest in antiques, by the way), antiques are a good investment over the long term.
In addition to the above, antiques made of Crystals are much more than pretty decor or eye candy. Some crystals are useful for meditation and enlightenment. Others are popular for their powerful negative energy blasting abilities. Keep some of them around your place, these amazing stones are essential for overall wellness and vitality.
They are known for their ability to positively transform and “cleanse” negative energy.
Your Tips for your Best Buying Antiques Tricks
You don’t have to be an antique dealer to get into buying and selling antiques. Many buyers enjoy it as a hobby. Great bargains can be found if you know what you’re looking for and use the right approach for buying.
The photographs in an online listing will tell you a lot about the item being sold. Take the time to closely examine the photos, and be sure to request more information from the seller if you’re unsure or unsatisfied with what they’ve provided. Look for:
- Any notable condition issues even if the listing says the item is in excellent condition.
- Check for the telltale signs that’s a fake or reproduction.
How can you distinguish a genuine antique or collectible from a reproduction? If it looks too new, it probably reproduced.
For example, a piece represented as depressed glass that doesn’t have signs of wear on the base is probably new.
But, identifying reproductions overall isn’t quite this simple, and there are some other factors that need to be considered before deciding whether something is old or new.
To tell the difference between hand painting and a decal, look closely at the decoration with a magnifying glass or jeweler’s louse. You will be able to see the brush strokes on a hand painted piece whereas one with a decal will have a pattern of dots instead.
Have the Knowledge
The best thing you can do to guard against reproductions is to learn as much as possible about your collecting interests. Handle as many genuine pieces as possible, ask questions of other collectors and dealers, and join collecting clubs to continue your learning quest.
By studying reference guides, and comparing genuine pieces with those known to be fake, you’ll learn to pay attention to details that indicate something isn’t quite right. It’s a skill that comes with time and patience.
Also, owning a reproduction piece for comparison purposes is a good idea.
Buy from reputable Sellers
As you’re learning about reproductions, talking directly with sellers is very helpful. A reputable dealer won’t mind if you ask questions about how they know a piece is old or authentic. Good people in the collecting world don’t mind helping one another learn, and they enjoy sharing their knowledge.
Antiques on a Budget
Whether you’re just learning, or have years of experience on your side, there are a few basic points to keep in mind.
When negotiating a better price on antiques and collectibles, always remember ask for discount and be polite and reasonable when making an offer.
You’ll also want to verify the sellers return policies when you’re perusing the listing. If they misrepresent an item or overlook a flaw, chances are good that eBay will make the seller take the item back regardless of their policy. But if they specify no returns, and you’re a bit uneasy about the condition or authenticity, send them a note asking about returns prior to making your purchase.
Creating our Unique Authentic Antiques
What you or other people threw away, sometimes incredible, could create gorgeous things.
You can create your fascinating Antique from painting old gars or glass bottles, old plates.
You can learn how to work with ceramic and clay so you can make your own porcelain authentic piece. There are many online and offline courses and books that can help you to learn it.
Your Place is your Identity Space
At the end, your place is the space where you can rest, laugh and spend precious time with family and friends. Surrounding yourself with beautiful art pieces like Antiques will reflect your passion, feeling, memories and emotions. It could be your heart.
You kind plenty of online sellers that provide best and most authentic pieces easily and confidently.